COUNCIL OF COMPLAINTS
For immediate and fair redressal of complaints pertaining to operations of electronic media, section 26 of PEMRA Ordinance 2002 requires that Council of Complaints shall be established, with as many branches as necessary, within two hundred days of the establishment of the Authority.
At present, Councils of Complaints are operating in Federal Capital Territory and each provincial capital. Each Council of Complaints is comprised of eminent citizens who have rich experience in their respective fields i.e. law, journalism, electronic media, public relations, etc. None of such Councils may have any official from PEMRA or any other government department as its member which vouch their complete autonomy. Each Council of complaints is also required to have at least two female members only Regional General Manager acts as a Secretary to the Council to providing representation to half of our population and also encouraging women to come forward to lodge their complaints without any reluctance.
Since their inception, Councils of Complaints have done commendable job in redressed of complaints to complete satisfaction of all stake-holders.
News & Press Release
- Letter STV - ECP Message (09 May, 2013)
- Restraining orders of Honorable Sindh High Court (09 May, 2013)
- Attention all Electronic Media: Statement of Banned outfit not to be aired [Order of Balochistan High Court] (May, 2013)
- Constitution Petition 105 of 2012 along with 'List-A' (April 22, 2013)
- Media Commission Report
- Code of Conduct for Media
- Information Minister Assures PBA to Resolve Electronic Media Issues (November 14, 2012)
- Participants of 12th Senior Management Course Visited PEMRA (November 14, 2012)
- PEMRA Cancels Four FM Radio Licenses, Imposes Fine On Violations (November 13, 2012)